Have you wondered how you can stay informed and get involved in local Age Friendly activities?
Innovations in Aging Collaborative recently compiled a list of activities that will help you learn more about the Age Friendly initiative, and the list offers suggestions on actions you can take to make Colorado Springs a great place to live, regardless of age.
- Learn more about Livable Communities across the country at aarp.org/livable
- Shift the “Us vs. Them” mindset to an understanding that we are all growing older
- Visit Changing the Narrative Colorado to learn more about the impact of our language
- Support universal design in parks and homes
- Volunteer with one of our Age Friendly non-profit partners (a list can be found here)
- Support accessible and multi-modal transportation
- Participate in Older Americans Month in May
- Participate in Intergenerational Month in September by engaging with someone in a different stage of life than you
Finally, to stay up to date with latest news from Innovations in Aging Collaborative by following us on Facebook (and Age Friendly Colorado Springs on Facebook), and signing up for our newsletter.