Have you wondered how you can stay informed and get involved in local Age Friendly activities?
Innovations in Aging Collaborative recently compiled a list of activities that will help you learn more about the Age Friendly initiative, and the list offers suggestions on actions you can take to make Colorado Springs a great place to live, regardless of age.
- Learn more about Livable Communities across the country at aarp.org/livable
- Shift the “Us vs. Them” mindset to an understanding that we are all growing older
- Visit Changing the Narrative Colorado to learn more about the impact of our language
- Support universal design in parks and homes
- Volunteer with one of our Age Friendly non-profit partners (a list can be found here)
- Support accessible and multi-modal transportation
- Participate in Older Americans Month in May
- Participate in Intergenerational Month in September by engaging with someone in a different stage of life than you